Monday, January 09, 2006

What in Tarnation Instant Breakfast?!

So I've started a new trend where I get out of bed when I wake up instead of laying in bed and having those weird dreamlings. Friday I woke at 7 and got out of bed and read a bit on the internetting and then went to work an hour and an half earlier than the three other mornings that week. This morning I woke at 5ish; I still had a movie from Netflix I hadn't watched Sympathy for Mr. Vengance. To my kinda surprise but not really this was the first of a trilogy. I had previously seen Oldboy, which is the second. I was piqued by Chan-wook Park's interest in Shakespeare and how that translated to his writing. Turns out he is more influenced by Bill's tragedies than anything.

I didn't know what to expect with this second film, but I put it in this morning at 5 because I had two hours to kill until I should have been up. The first forty minutes, it was nice with cute little Korean children. I thought about recommending it to Angela. Then the dying started. Seven deaths later, the movie was over. It was a good movie; I liked it. Probably not the thing to start your day with.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At January 09, 2006 8:53 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

I also got Live at KEXP Vol. 1 today in the mail. Yeah!

 
At January 10, 2006 2:27 AM, Blogger Angela said...

if people die, it is definitely korean. especially if everything was happy and nice previous to the startling, random deaths.

would you like to come to korea? we have lots of good films here. we could go to dvd rooms every day.
every day?
well, almost every day.

 
At January 10, 2006 1:25 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

I would like that very much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home