Saturday, March 11, 2006

Movies I've Seen Since Starting This Blog

The Longest Yard (Adam Sandler version), A History of Violence - Viggo Mortensen, Maria Bello, William Hurt, Ed Harris, Me and You and Everyone We Know - Miranda July, John Hawkes, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, King Kong, The Chronic (what) les of Narnia, Walk the Line, Jarhead, The Aristocrats, Syriana, Capote, Final Cut - Jude Law, The Final Cut - Robin Williams, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, 40-Year-Old Virgin, Breaking the Waves, Stripes, All the Real Girls, Chopper, Thumbsucker, Chungking Express, The Five Obstructions, Broken Flowers, In the Mood for Love, After Life, The Comedians of Comedy, Songcatcher, Benny and Joon, Wall Street, Belle du Jour, 32 Short Films About Glenn Gould, The Exorcist, The Importance of Being Earnest, Apres Vous, Old Boy, Schultze Gets the Blues, Crash, Easter Parade, The Jolson Story, 13 Conversations about One Thing, The Man Who Would Be King, Bottle Rocket, Royal Deceit, Panic, The Cooler, Mephisto, Assisted Living, Legends of the Fall, Sleepers, Owning Mahoney, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, Happiness, Scratch, Word Wars, The Hustler, Six Degrees of Separation, Finding Neverland, The Girl from Monday, Kagemusha, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Ed Wood, Serpico, Donnie Brasco, Glory Road, Donnie Darko, Curious George, Match Point, Jesus is Magic, Hostel, Fun with Dick and Jane, Munich, Punch-Drunk Love, Harold and Maude, Sons of Provo, 2046, The Agronomist, Transamerica, The Beat That My Heart Skipped, Domino, The Corpse Bride, Kicking and Screaming, Lord of War, Memoirs of a Geisha

This is about 82 movies. I'm sure there are some I forgot, but the point I'm making is that I spent too much time and money on films. I consume merely to consume, and often take nothing from the experience and lose time in the process. Let us say each movie was 90 minutes, those 83 films translates to more than five straight days. Granted this is over a period of seven months. On second thought, I'm using my time perfectly well. On with the shew.

Todd Schissler

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At March 11, 2006 11:21 AM, Blogger bryant said...

I am amazed that you remember you watched all those movies. I've probably seen less than 10 movies in the last 7 months and I can't remember what they were.

I've also been impressed by how much ice cream you eat.

 
At March 11, 2006 2:39 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Well, it is easy to remember when Netflix has a list of every movie I've ever received from them. Then I went through the list of movies I'd rated. I'm sure I've missed some but you get the gist.

And as for the ice cream, that's really just because I always mention it in my blog that it seems like I eat a lot.

 
At March 20, 2006 2:08 PM, Blogger Kate Lechler said...

Think of how many friends have benefited from your movie recommendations and comments. You've probably saved your friends collectively more hours of wasting time with bad movies than you've spent watching. Go you--saviour of others' time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home