Monday, May 29, 2006

Scottbane

That is one of the flavors of Ivanna Cone I tried for the first time this evening. Alright, it isn't actually called Scottbane, but it should be. It was Chocolate Covered Espresso Bean. A chocolate ice cream with ground beans in it. Really great. My kind friends were able to do what I could not and secure some of Haagen-Dazs new flavor, Mayan Chocolate, for me. I'll keep you updated. So far my favorite flavor from the Dazs is their Chocolate Peanut Butter.

Black and Tan is my favorite Ben & Jerry's variety. I like their ice cream quality, it is smooth and very edible, but they try to do to much with their flavors. It seems they have at least four things going on in each pint. First an ice cream flavor, then two things going on with the mix-ins (either a coated or filled thing or two different entities), and finally a ripple of fudge or caramel or berry. Just chill. Of course it can work to have multiple elements in an ice cream flavor, but the more variables the more opportunity to disappoint. One of my favorite chocolate ice creams, which is how I judge a brand, is Godiva's milk chocolate.

I've now tried the Mayan Chocolate. It is a "rich chocolate ice cream with a fudge swirl and a hint of cinnamon." It was very smooth ice cream. The fudge swirl was a pleasant accent. The "hint" of cinnamon was not as subtle, which is okay, but distracts from the chocolate. Chocolate Peanut Butter still reigns.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At June 01, 2006 1:25 PM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

I looooove coffe bean ice cream! Goody's, in Bend and Sun River, makes their own, which has a vanilla base. You can smell the waffle cones the whole way down the street. Perfection in ice cream.

 
At June 01, 2006 1:31 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Well that settles it. We'll need to take Scott first to Greatful bread for a large steaming bowl of creamy Heineken cheese soup and then it's off to Ivanna Cone for a quadrupel scoop of "Scottbane." Scott, are you busy on Saturday?

 
At June 01, 2006 5:15 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

yum. that sounds like a nice saturday meal.

 
At June 09, 2006 10:21 PM, Blogger Kate Lechler said...

Scottbane. Ha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home