Sunday, May 07, 2006

Dustin Halfman

Dustin Hoffman was the Marathon Man in film of same name. I'm just half the man he was.

I finished today in 1:54:27. My mother finished in 2:54:24. I'd like to give a big shout out to Erin Brumbaugh of Sidney, IA. I was fortunate to run with her from miles 8.5 through 11.5 (where I kinda hit a wall). She wore a Rolling Stones t-shirt and made pleasant conversation. You can go here if you want to see other results or more detailed results for other participants like Greg Okimi, Andrea Blake, Yolanda Blake, Mindy Mekelburg, Greg Carlson, and the aforementioned Ms. Brumbaugh.

On the whole, I enjoyed the experience. My first mile, while sorting out the opening was ten minutes. Mile 2 was nine minutes. My fastest mile was probably the sixth going north on 48th to Hwy 2. It took me 71 minutes to get to the eighth mile. 1:27 at the ten mile mark. Then a bit past the eleventh mile marker I kinda seized up and had to walk for a bit.

My "strategy" was to just go however for the first 4 or 5 minutes of each mile, then I would run faster passing people for the last bit til I reached the next mile marker. I guess it worked. I ran 10 miles on Friday, because "they" said I should run at least that before doing the 13.1. Now if I do 3 tomorrow I have the three day marathon.

After the marathon my parents and I went to Granite City for their brunch. Very tasty. You must try eggs benedict, turkey ham instead of canadian. Alright, I'm done.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At May 07, 2006 11:18 PM, Blogger Angela said...

that's awesome! i didn't realize the marathon was coming up so quickly. i'm proud of you and a little jealous. i think i'm going to get a new pair of running shoes and start running again...if i can find the time. last night i had the sudden urge to run and run and run.

i'm glad you ran.

 
At May 07, 2006 11:26 PM, Blogger bryant said...

Congratulations on the half marathon. Very nice time, too!

 
At May 08, 2006 8:34 AM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

Congrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home