Tuesday, June 06, 2006

25th Hour

It has been over a week since last I posted on this weji (web journal). I really couldn't pass the opportunity to document this symbolic day (06.06.06). [I find the meaning behind 666 to be more of a falling short of the perfect holy number of 7. The sin of incomplete.] As AFI's album Decemberunderground and The Omen release today, I take the opportunity to point out that Julia Stiles, mother in The Omen, and I have the exact same birthday.

I've been grumpy and bitter for over a month. However, the last three weekends (These have all included Thursday night bean bags and rhubarb. Coincidence? I don't think so.), I've been climbing back into the "fair to middling" range. And as I reflect on the last 25 hours, I'm officially past middling. The pork shoulder is in sight.

In the aforementioned time frame, I have: flossed, done a load of dishes and laundry, watched two episodes of Arrested Development and American Dreamz (with a Z), done my budget for the month, woken and gotten out of bed at 7 with no snooze (also with a z), spent time leisurely with my favorite married couple before they leave later today, made my super duper bowl of oatmeal for the morning, and not least of all put in more than eight hours of work with a lunch (as opposed to putting in less than eight with no lunch).

Afore the aforementioned time frame, I went to Becca Lund and Randy Reinke's wedding. Becca was most kind to invite me, and I enjoyed myself bordering on satiety. It does not diminish my attendance that I got the garter (take that Amy). I must say that while I've caught a few in my day, all the nuptials are still binding (and not like silk boxers): Dustin and Danielle Opitz, Nathan and Andrea Blake, Brad and Susie Kahler, Jason and Sherri Dawn Healy, Kyle and Cassie Martsching (mini-garter received upon request), and now Mr. and Mrs. Randall Reinke.

I know that tradition holds that I'm the next to be married. Well, I'm not. But whenever that might happen (knock on wood), I plan on bequeathing all my garters with my wife's. Hopefully, the lucky bachelor is a Latter-Day Saint. Okay, I'm done now. The 25th Hour is over.

The soundtrack for the writing of this weji: Jackson Browne - The Pretender; Metric - Raw Sugar; Joel Myers - Wishlist, Soda, Battery; Feist - Mushaboom; Imogene Heap - Goodnight and Go; Fiona Apple - Waltz, Oh Sailor, Not About Love; Stephen Stills - Treetop Flyer, Singin; Mason Jennings - Be Here Now; Sufjan Stevens - Great Godbird, To Be Alone With You; Ben Lee - Catch My Disease, No Right Angles; Death Cab for Cutie - I'll Follow You Into the Dark; and Gnarls Barkley - Crazy, also my favorite new video.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At June 06, 2006 9:03 PM, Blogger Angela said...

maybe i'd be better off if i played bean bags too.

i am about to start clicking my heels. i know i'll end up in kansas, but it's closer to nebraska than korea.

true that.

i'm glad you're feeling more yourself.

 
At June 07, 2006 12:23 PM, Blogger Karen said...

That's a a heafty soundtrack list, you must not blog very fast.

 
At June 07, 2006 10:27 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

I don't blog very fast. I finisht it a bit after 4. I hope Team Phartman is ready to go down tomorrow night.

 
At June 09, 2006 11:07 AM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

Oooh, oooh, Joel Myers! I like him, too.

 
At June 13, 2006 10:23 PM, Blogger Amy said...

"take that amy."

whatever. i still feel very pleased (and smug) when i remember that my garter is not in your collection, thank you nicolas owens.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home