Friday, November 03, 2006

Why Is T.O. Here?

That is the question that one of my favorite football columnist/authors addressed in a column a few weeks back. These are the books he suggested Terrell Owens, oft publicized wide receiver, read:

"Man's Search for Meaning" by Viktor Frankl
"The Once and Future King" by T.H. White
"My Antonia" by Willa Cather
"Huckleberry Finn" by Samuel Clemens
"The Pursuit of Happiness" by David Myers
"I and Thou" by Martin Buber
"Invisible Man" by Ralph Ellison
"Things Fall Apart" by Chinua Achebe
"Death Comes for the Archbishop" by Cather
"The Human Race" by Robert Antelme
"God in the Dock" by C.S. Lewis
"Omnipotence and Other Theological Mistakes" by Charles Hartshorne
"The Ghost Road" by Patricia Barker
"Our Town" by Thornton Wilder
"The House of Breath" by William Goyen

I've read two of these books and 'm familiar with a few others. Any books on this list my real friends can recommend?

Latest surname to catch my eye: DeBardelaben

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At November 03, 2006 9:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have a copy of Things Fall Apart if you'd like it. I had to read it for an African Religion class last year. It was fairly good, I'll not read it again, perhaps 3/5 stars.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home