Monday, December 25, 2006

Joyful Boxing Day

So, we, myself, Marcy, Wendy, and Wanda, celebrated Christmas today at 1. Last night, a late addition to our Italian Christmas bill of fare came up as my sister and I were talking about what we were missing: a vegetable. Lasagna, check. Risotto, check. Dessert, check. Apertif, check. Vegetable, no check. So today, (and from this point on I toot the horn that is my own for a bit) I put a couple smaller butternut squash into the oven for an hour to roast while I took a nap, on the account that I woke at 6 AM for some heretofore unknown reason. When I awoke from my nap, I removed the meat of the squash from the skin and added (now I pause here so you can get a pen and paper) a quarter cup of brown sugar (Why does it taste so good?), two tablespoons of butter, two dashes of cinnamon, and one dash of nutmeg. Mash it all up and you have an unequivocal success. My figgy pudding was a hit too. Warmed, my rice pudding, with freshly ground cardamom, would be better. It stiffen'd a bit too much after the cooking and chilling; served fresh, it could be really great.

Last night I had a dream where I had to kill with my hands either a small dog or cat that also happened to be a zombie. Let's just say they don't die easily.

Fact of the day: Les Schtroumpfs is French for The Smurfs.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At December 31, 2006 1:39 PM, Blogger Randomness said...

Just for the record I told you to make squash, and it was very good.
marcy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home