Tuesday, November 28, 2006

"OJ Simpson . . .

not a Jew. But guess who is, Hall of Famer Rod Carew; he converted."

While I liked the previous radio station more, when a Lincoln station changed formats a few years back they played the Turkey Song, by Adam Sandler, continuously. The opening line is from another Sandler song, the Hanukkah Song. I had a happy turkey day. There were over twenty-five pies to choose from, this is a good thing. My favorite pie was my mother's raspberry pie, so delicious. And what I really liked about it was that it wasn't ashamed of being raspberry. There was some tart to it, which is what raspberries taste like. There is also some comfort in knowing the raspberries came from our own patch.

I watched a lot of football over the weekend. At one point on Saturday night, I was keeping fairly close tabs on three different games. I know I have a sickness. Most symptomatic of my illness is that I woke up at 6:50 am Sunday to leave SD so that I would be back in Lincoln for the Bears game.

The only travel drama came fifteen miles from home in Redfield where we got a flat tire. Then, of course, our limp-along tire also went flat. This was a very fortunate instance, all things considered, because we could have gotten stuck along the interstate somewhere; instead we just waited for Denny to pick us up. No big deal.

May the only things you consume this holiday season be conversation with friends, homemade food, and (some other good thing, suggestions welcome in the comments section). Don't worry about stimulating the economy; it's doing fine.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At November 29, 2006 6:46 PM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

Maybe some books you're not forced to read for a class? I'm also hoping for sunshine and warmth... I'm sure I consume the former, but am less sure about the latter.

 
At November 30, 2006 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hot chocolate with a coffee liqueur is my new consumption.

I'm sorry you woke up so early, just to watch Da Bears lose.

 
At November 30, 2006 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again blogger won't let me leave comments as me, just anonymous.

Damn blogger.

-w

 

Post a Comment

<< Home