Monday, November 12, 2007

Celebrities and Their Voices

The latest celebrity voice I've picked out is William Hurt doing a commercial for Hyundai. The campaign has thinkaboutit.com at the end of it. There are a couple in the series that I've seen. One has a woman driving down the highway with a voice over and then it is just her floating in air while a semi barrels down on her. The other has a man driving.

I've shared in this space previously how I don't care for actors who get perfectly good money in front of the camera, stealing even more money from those who make their living not only behind the camera, but behind the microphone. This isn't to say I don't like William Hurt's voice, quite the opposite in fact.

Another celebrity endorsement that confuses me is a Cadillac commercial (Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit) with Bob Dylan. So much for being the face of the counter-culture. If I were Pete Seeger, I'd be more upset about this than I would've when he went electric.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At November 13, 2007 5:57 PM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

I watched Surf's Up last night with my sister and brother-in-law, and April and I were so curious about the voices that we had to skip ahead to the ending credits to see who was whom. I did call Jeff Bridges.

 
At November 14, 2007 10:02 PM, Blogger Leah said...

I love trying to identify celebrity voices in TV commercials. I like it when I find something really odd...I've recently heard George Clooney doing a commercial for something (I can't remember) and Jerry Seinfeld (I think, though he did all those American Express commercials with his face too).

 
At November 15, 2007 7:51 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

Clooney does a Budweiser commercial.

 
At November 17, 2007 9:48 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

Dylan... Yeah, that hurts. Unless it's the ultimate rebellion--rebel against the establishment and then rebel against ideals that are against the establishment. Stick it to the man, then stick it to values by supporting the man.

"Nobody owns me. I do whatever I want. I don't care what anyone thinks. I don't care about anyone's revolution, even my own." Now that's revolutionary. Except that...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home