Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Martin Mulling

Kosmo. I think I want to name something or someone this. Maybe a son, but not the first. (Other son names are Solomon [Sol] and Dean Henry Ellis.)

There was a last name in the credits of Across the Universe: Cazedessus. I really like it. There is a Jules Cazedessus that has a couple IMDb credits (the connection to all three movies: Frida, Titus and Across the Universe is Julie Taymor) and a Camille Cazedessus Jr. (which means there is a Sr.) that has a connection to editing stuff. I like this name mainly because it is reminiscent of caduceus.

Another dog name: A dachshund named Oscar, not after the weiner, but after the boxer De La Hoya.

As for Across the Universe, I liked it, not as much as Once, but more than some other movie I didn't like as much--the Romeo + Juliet with Claire Danes will suffice. Some of Taymor's set pieces didn't work for me, and I didn't appreciate all the musical performances, but there was enough of both in the 133 minutes that I found plenty of each to please. I agree with Katie, that if you like The Beatles and you like musicals, you'll like this movie.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At October 17, 2007 2:07 PM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

I too enjoy the word caduceus! That's what the last name reminds me of as well.

 
At October 19, 2007 7:43 PM, Blogger Kate Lechler said...

Which set pieces didn't you like? Just wondering, since I don't remember talking about that. Thanks, again, for the movie. It was awesome (for me, at least).

 
At October 19, 2007 8:06 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

I didn't like the war protest parade set, the Vietnam things weren't that great for me either, plus the Asian women that fell in the water were creepy, but I really liked the certification board/she's so heavy number.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home