Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Can't Stop Bad Telegraph Pun Stop

I wanted to be cool like the Hartman Sisters (Ellen and Leah) and have a clever format like their interview or press release, but I don't know enough about telegraphs to pull it off. Just know it would have been rife with sentences ending in "stop stop."

I ran again Tuesday night, which makes four times since the 15th (23 miles in all). The last two outings I've averaged 8:30 for my three miles out and then three miles back from my place to 39th and Normal. I've always enjoyed a street sign on the path at Sumner and Capitol Parkway. On the top it has an arrow going forward to Holmes Park, and underneath that is an arrow to the left for Bryan Hospital. I like the dichotomy and choice I get to make each time I pass it. Either a romping frolick to city organized nature, or a hobbled limp to help at Bryan.

Oh, and I saw a dog named Winston.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At April 25, 2008 1:32 PM, Blogger Karen said...

What breed or mix of breeds is Winston? When are we going to hang out . . . it's been too long. That's goes for Wendi and Angela also.

 
At April 25, 2008 6:42 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

I knew someone would be wondering. He looked like a Bouvier de Flandres with a fawn coat and curly hair, but the hair wasn't too long on his face like some BdFs.

 
At April 25, 2008 10:55 PM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

If your Half inspires you for a Full, the TCM is in October. It will sell out soon, though, so you'd need to register right away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home