Saturday, March 29, 2008

Let Me Eat Cakes!

I had a great 27th birthday yesterday.

I started with a shave with my shaving mug glycerin Colonel Conk's Shaving soap applied by my boar hair brush (badger is a little rich for my blood yet, someday). Breakfast was at Bread & Cup and was a cinnamon roll, honey peanut granola, and French press coffee with cream. The reason they haven't had their savory bread pudding for breakfast is because they haven't yet had the turnover in the morning they would like to have a large breakfast menu, but they are thinking they will try to expand on Farmer's Market Saturdays. I'll keep you updated.

I had the opportunity to request anything I wanted for my birthday celebration at work, including the always delicious efforts of a husband of one of our resource consultants. So we had three wonderful angel food cakes with fresh strawberries, pineapple, and fresh whipped cream.

Lunch was at Famous Dave's so I could partake of their Famous Bread Pudding. Still really, really great.

The birthday party had a Better Than Sex cake made by my sister. I also got to have haystacks for the first time in recent memory. Angela, Scott, Wendy, Karen, Jim, Kyle and Cassie helped to make it a fun time had by me.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At March 30, 2008 2:27 PM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

Happy birthday!

 
At March 31, 2008 12:27 AM, Blogger Angela said...

i very much enjoyed reading all the birthday posts. i noticed that you didn't include your mother's call this year.

and can you believe we played beanbags last year? such excellent games too. i hope this weather settles into warmth soon.

i'm glad you're around, daniel.

 
At March 31, 2008 3:14 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Yeah, I left out my mother's call because it didn't happen. I did talk to her on Sunday though, and she still loves me.

I'm itching to play more bean bags too. I'm glad you're around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home