Tuesday, June 03, 2008

My Money Came

So I got my Economic Stimulus Package yesterday, and it is now safely in an FDIC insured bank account.

Whatever should I do with this windfall?

I know I won't be able to do everything I want with it, but maybe some or most of them. Here is a list of things I'm thinking about using the money on:

Fancy new chef knife and accoutrement (for to cut)
Fancy new Le Creuset casserole dish (the better to sear and braise my lamb chops)
A pantry (because not much is more fun than a pantry raid)
End and coffee tables (because I'm learning the joys of yirgacheffe dry-processed coffee, might as well have a pedestal for it too)
TV stand (so it isn't just on a figurative pedestal)
Beer (not just Old Milwaukee and Keystone, but the 600 bucks could get me 35 or so nice bottles of quality stuff)
Guitar and guitar lessons (for my bride)
Golf lessons (for my golfing family and friends)
Piano lessons (for the hymns)
A rainy day (for a day that rains)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At June 05, 2008 1:16 PM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

Oooh, good wish list! My stimulus is gone, gone, gone--gone before it arrived. 'Too much traveling this semester--although travel is generally what I tend to spend my money on, anyway.

What's that bride business, though?

 
At June 06, 2008 11:42 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

The "bride business" is the hope of one day performing on my wedding day for my bride, but don't worry that day won't come.

 
At June 07, 2008 10:22 AM, Blogger Leah said...

Ha! Pantry raid!

I love those La Cruset casseroles. They make me want to cook things like coq au vin.

 
At June 09, 2008 9:49 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Curly Sue,

Have you ever used one? It sure would be nice to see someone other than Alton Brown and Curtis Stone using them to get a mortal's perspective on them (not that you aren't immortal).

 
At June 13, 2008 5:58 AM, Blogger Leah said...

No, I never have. Except for Ellen's Target-brand knockoff, in which I cooked boeuf bourguignon, which turned out to be fabulous. I love that you can brown something in it, add the liquid to deglaze, and then slap it in the oven. That's the enamel cast iron for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home