Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Pretty Amazing Grace -- Eventually

Neil Diamond has a new album that drops today. The first single off of it is titled "Pretty Amazing Grace." (the amazon site has a video of the song apparently.)

Anne Lamott was on The Colbert Report pimping her latest book Grace Eventually.

Grace is the new Hope.

I ran my half-marathon in 1:53:29, which I'm very happy with. It helps to set your expectations low, and I reached them.

Dogs I met on my run Sunday:

Roy, old black lab
Vega, Boxer Staffordshire mix
Lily, golden lab
Cooper, Golden Retriever

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At May 06, 2008 3:31 PM, Blogger Wishydig said...

I saw that appearance.

I wasn't impressed. She said nothing interesting or new. And she looked confused by his humor.

I didn't care for Traveling Mercies either. It was a bunch of tired catchphrases from tired sermons.

 
At May 06, 2008 9:49 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Yeah, I wasn't impressed either. Though it is tricky to play to his schtick, it is much better than trying to play it straight.

I read Traveling Mercies with Buffy in a clinical environment, so I can't provide proper perspective on that.

 
At May 07, 2008 7:34 PM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

Congrats on your run! Someday I would like to run a sub-four marathon. I don't know when that will be.

 
At May 08, 2008 12:43 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

Thanks Ceri, I've decided if I can knock off a 1:30ish half I'll think about doing the full.

sixyixr

 
At May 09, 2008 1:31 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I got a fever, and the only prescription is more rook! Do you have Friday or Saturday evening plans?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home