Friday, June 27, 2008

Smitten.

I think it took me by surprise the first time I realised that I was attracted to Samantha Brown. But I've fully embraced it now, and I appreciate her plenty. I'm going to look her up on Wikipedia now so that I can hyperlink her for you, and so I can learn more about this crush of mine.

Another TV host I'm taken with is Alton Brown. I've praised him in this space before, but usually just his recipes. I always thought he was gay because he never mentioned a child or wife, but had a sister and nieces and nephews and a dog on the show. Plus he just seemed kind of quirky like a fun gay person like a Ted Allen vibe. I was wrong. I don't know if I was disappointed to find it out or relieved. I think I was disappointed in the fact that I was wrong, but indifferent to his sexuality.

In non-gaydar related news, I'm going to go to a cherry harvest (notice the Latin) festival tomorrow in Nebraska City. They have Montmorency cherries, which are the cultivar that New Glarus Brewery uses in their Wisconsin Belgian Red. The orchard is also propagating a rumour that those cherries are good/better for baking. So I'll be making my first cherry pie in the coming week, just in time for the Fourth of July.

After all of that hubbub, which should be early in the morning so I can pick the best cherries, I'm going to Omaha to shop and read and then watch King Lear at Shakespeare on the Green. Should be a good day.

Another celebrity type, I've started to enjoy more, and who happened to be on Craig Ferguson tonight, is Bengt Washburn, a stand-up comedian.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At June 27, 2008 2:44 PM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

I love cherries and Shakespeare on the Green and Alton Brown.

 
At June 27, 2008 7:57 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Ooh, the one thing I miss about TV is Alton Brown. I LOVED his episode about pie crust. It explains so much about pastry!

 
At June 27, 2008 10:37 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Ceri, I should hope that you like cherries, given your name.

Curly Sue, have you ever thought about getting any of his DVDs?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home