Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Flame, Match, Set List

I don't know what Willie opened with before Whiskey River, but it sure does simplify things.

2. Still is Still Moving to Me
3. Whiskey for My Men (Beer for My Horses)
4. Ain't It Funny How Time Slips Away
5. Crazy
6. Night Life
7. Sister Bobbie on saloon instrumental from Red-Headed Stranger [Update: Down Yonder is the song]
8. Me and Paul (his drummer)
9. If You've Got the Money Honey, I've Got the Time
10. Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain
11. La La La (instrumental)
12. Georgia
13. All of Me
14. Mama Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys
15. Angel Flying Too Close to the Ground
16. On the Road Again
17. Always On My Mind
18. Good Hearted Woman in Love with a Good Timin' Man
19. Help Me Make It Through the Night
20. Bobby McGee (It was different from any version I've heard of it, but still really great)

One hour into the show he finally played something from his new album

21. Over You Again
22. Moment of Forever (written by Kris Kristofferson)

"How 'bout some Hank Williams?"

23. Jambalaya
24. Hey Good Lookin'
25. Move It on Over
26. Boogie Woogie from Bobbie's debut album Autobiography
27. I Ain't Superman ("Doctor says, 'You ain't Clark Kent, and I ain't Lois Lane.'")
28. You Don't Think I'm Funny Anymore (another song off his new album, "Did you hear the one about the dirty whore? Oh I forgot . . . You don't think I'm funny anymore.")
29. I Saw the Light
30. Instrumental
31. Pick Up the Tempo
32. Bloody Mary Morning
33. Yesterday's Wine
34. Will the Circle Be Unbroken/35. I'll Fly Away

Encore "Every once in a while, I get so pissed I write a protest song."

36. Peace Revolution

Encore 2

37. Beer Barrel Polka

The concert started right at 8 and got over around 9:30/9:40. So each song averaged about 2:42. He was booking through, but the energy was up, and he was on his game. I know some 75 year old people, and some musicians in that same age range, and none of them are as capable as he was Sunday night. I can't say he still has it, because I don't remember much of the time I saw him at a festival as a child. But I can say that he does have it. Oh, and I got a pick.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At July 23, 2008 11:49 PM, Blogger Wishydig said...

Congratulations on the pick.

 
At July 25, 2008 2:23 PM, Blogger prairiegypsy said...

I just love Willie. I heard him in Lincoln a few years ago. He's a living legend. Aprilel

 
At August 12, 2008 10:56 AM, Blogger Leah said...

Ooh, I love Willie. And that Kris Kristofferson sure can write a song too. I'm so jealous that you went to a W.N. concert.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home