Saturday, July 19, 2008

Three More Under My Belt

Today was The Dark Knight, Hell Boy II: The Golden Army, and Wanted.

I most enjoyed Wanted. I most respected The Dark Knight.

Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker is everything everyone says it is.

It seems to me, after watching these three movies, that we like our heroes, but more than that, we like them conflicted. We aren't happy with an avenger full of conviction. We need that doubt.

Another thing I noticed more in this round of viewing was the romance. Each of them had at least one romance story going along with all the shoot 'em up. I don't know if it is some sort of chiaroscuro (can you tell someone has a word of the day email subscription?) or what. I'm not certain if it works, but it is there nonetheless.

After the movies, I went to Bread and Cup to see what they had on their Market Meal ( each saturday they get stuff from the farmer's market that morning and make a menu out of it for the evening.). The menu had corn on the cob with hickory smoked butter, crisp cucumber and sweet onion salad, corn chowder, baby back ribs, and corn and cream cheese crepes.

I had the corn chowder and crepes. I enjoyed both and my schwarzbier (in the pictures at the bottom of the post, Sam from my previous post is at the far right) from Modern Monks was good too.

Speaking of the Modern Monks, they stopped by toward the end of the BA get together at B&C. I met Josh and Chris who not only brought a really great smoked bock (not just smoke), but some cheese from Branched Oak Farm, a gouda made with one of their beers.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At July 20, 2008 11:29 AM, Blogger Leah said...

Oh, baby back ribs. How I love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home