Thursday, February 04, 2010

Beautiful

The latest music video to captivate me is for Jay-Z and Swizz Beatz' On to the Next One. The first image I loved was the hooded actor. The first two or three times I saw the video I thought the actor was a woman, but closer inspection belies that.

This is a link to a bunch of director Sam Brown's videos. I really liked his video for the Foo Fighters' The Pretender, though I didn't seek out the director at that time. I thought the videos are a solid progression, especially from The Pretender then Love is Noise to On to the Next One, not to exclude some elements from Smilin' (skeleton "hip-hop" video). But the best pairing is Love is Noise and On to the Next one, with literal shots of sound waves and close ups of the lead singer mixed with "abstract" images and open shots of the band.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home