Friday, November 27, 2009

Dinner Roast Day

Sunday will be Turkey Day when the folks come down from SD this weekend. Today the featured protein was Dinner Roast. I made mashed potatoes, Easy Baked Cheese & Vegetable Twist, and brought cheese buttons I'd made for a Midwestern Classics potluck last Monday.

Oh and I made another apple pie with grains of paradise. This one was better because I used a teaspoon instead of a tablespoon and since my sister said the first one didn't taste like apple pie because it was missing something, I added a quarter teaspoon of cinnamon. I think I might have hit the mark now. It was a Granny Jazzy Crisp pie since I used Granny Smith, Jazz, and Honeycrisp (thank you University of Minnesota).

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At November 30, 2009 8:09 AM, Blogger Leah said...

That pie sounds AMAZING, but I've had Dinner Roast, and I'd pass on it in the future.

 
At November 30, 2009 4:17 PM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

I've never tried Dinner Roast. It looks... daunting.

I've also never tried a Honeycrisp--although I'm sure they're delicious--because they're freaking expensive, even in Mpls!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home