Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Monitor Lizard Part I

They were right when they said DVRs would change the way you watch tv. Now, I watch a lot more at any hour of the day. Before, I watched a lot at very scheduled hours of the day.

I forget why I added HBO to my DirecTV package. I think it was for Flight of the Conchords and then they kept adding great new programming like The Pacific, and I started watching True Blood, and How to Make It in America. Now I watch Boardwalk Empire, Eastbound & Down, and Bored to Death. I added Showtime again for Dexter and that's it for that one, though in January they'll have Californication again. I'm a big fan of AMC too with Breaking Bad, Mad Men (which I just started watching this Spring, so I'm three seasons late to that party), Rubicon (which has two actors from The Pacific), and they just started The Walking Dead (which I checked out the first 10 graphic novel volumes of to get in on that).

Then for Network TV I watch Rules of Engagement, Modern Family, The Office, and Fringe. Though I also record 30 Rock and SNL. I forgot to mention the FX shows It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The League (and not airing now but thoroughly enjoyed was Justified).

My reality competition watching is limited to cooking shows Top Chef, Top Chef: Just Desserts, and The Next Iron Chef.

Next is Adult Swim/Comedy Central. I watch Venture Bros., Metalocalypse, Mary Shelley's Frankenhole, and Nick Swardson's Pretend Time on Comedy Central.

For sports, I have my daily Pardon the Interruption on ESPN, my weekly Bo Pelini Coach's Show and Big Red Wrap Up, and then the Huskers' (even if I attend the game, I record it) and Bears' game, plus any other intriguing football match ups.

A quick tally gives me around 17.5 hours of programming plus six for the two requisite football games and more for any others I catch. So this averages out to 4 hours a day of TV each week (though I do fast forward through commercials which shrinks that number negligibly).

Labels:

1 Comments:

At November 04, 2010 8:02 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

Well, Ebert's about to die maybe you could take his place as TV critic?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home