Friday, October 14, 2005

In Heaven There Is No Beer,

That's why we drink it here.

My Great Uncle Robert had a stroke on the 1st and passed on the 10th. His funeral was yesterday morning. That evening I went to the NE Stroke Foundation's 12th annual Okto-Beerfest. They had many different beers with a few restaurants providing appetizing hors d'ouvres. I'm now going to list first the beers I tasted that I liked then those that I didn't. If you're not too keen on my lists you can skip down to the other observations from my time there.

Beers I liked:
Empyrean Oktoberfest, Widmer Hefeweizen, New Belgium's Frambozen and 1554 Black Ale, Boulevard Dry Stout, Czechvar, Sam Adam's Cherry Wheat and Oktoberfest, Leinenkugel Oktoberfest (favorite oktoberfest brew), Lincoln Lager's Rootbeer, Hacker-Pschorr Weisse-Dark, Warsteiner Dunkel, and Goose Island's 312 Urban Wheat Ale.

Beer that didn't taste alcoholic or beery: Framboise Lambic, more of a raspberry sparkling wine.

Beers I didn't care for: Empyrean's Luna Sea ESB and Burning Skye Scottish Ale, New Belgium Sunshine Wheat (however, I've been told the Sunshine Wheat Lip Service chapstick is good), Boulevard Bully! Porter, Rouge Dead Guy Ale, Sam Adam's Cream Stout and Triple Bock, Lincoln Lager's Honey Ale, and the Polish Pivo Okocim

Now those observations I promised. They had the Lincoln Pipe and Drum Corps play a couple songs. One of the members, in his full regalia, had a cell phone on his kilt belt right next to his ceremonial sword. Some people just don't get into character like they should. He could have at least put the phone in his tarn. Later in the evening the Herr Schulz German Band played some polka music and other German type music. I realized, as I watched a few people try to dance along, that polka was invented by drunk people. So it was a fun time helping a good cause.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home