Sunday, November 06, 2005

The Evil Prince of the Wild Jungle is Delicious

And if you went to Khun Dueng, a Thai restaurant in Mishawaka, IN, you would agree. For dessert, in my quest to try every rice pudding ever made, I had their sweet black rice pudding. It tastes like the taro cakes that the Chat sold a while ago, good.

Now that I've discouraged all the johnny-come-latelys with my incessant food details, I can share about the rest of my trip to Nebraskowa, Illiana, and Michiana.

It started on Wednesday after work when I went to Tim and Amy Tanner's home outside Silver City, IA. I got to spend some wonderful time with Fred and Bubba, their two kittens, and then a fine time with the rest of the Tanner Family. The first part of Thursday was spend driving up and down southern Iowa's hills on Highway 34. I had lunch at Big Muddy's in Burlington, IA and got to overhear two very passionate railroad buffs (while each was far from buff) discuss the one of them wanting to write an article about the origins of Burlington Northern Rock Island etc. Illinois is flat and Indiana is curvy with nice topography. From 6ish to midnightish Michael Covarrubias and I had a fine time talking together. Me learning about the optimal theory of phonology, and he getting to tell me about it.

Friday was a beautiful drive on Indiana hwy 25 with the fall colours pouring over my audition for a car commercial. Then some time at the College Football HoF. The afternoon with Wendi and Janelle; the evening with Katie at BSAS (Black seminarians association s.) and Mosaics. Saturday: Encounter, Grad student ss., PMC with Patrick Murphy, Michael's fellow classmate at Battle Creek Academy, speaking, hospital singing, nap and then Khun Dueng.

Today began with a loverly brunch at The Blue Plate, where John Cusack once ate. Then some misdirection on Chicago's tollways and a smooth 9 hr journey home.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At November 07, 2005 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Twas nice to see you in Michiana.

 
At November 10, 2005 8:46 AM, Blogger Kate Lechler said...

Misdirection on the highways? What happened? Did you end up in Milwaukee?

I think Evil Prince of the Wild Jungle should be your new screen name. Herman's Honeytown is so over. ;D

 
At November 10, 2005 12:32 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

I took tollway 294, and I was in the far left lane which, due to construction got completely separated from the other two lanes and when the toll split twixt Wisconsin and Iowa, I was jobbed. Nothing my fine cartography skilz couldn't handle though.

I could go with Re-Rediscovered County, how about that >:l

 

Post a Comment

<< Home