Friday, October 28, 2005

The First Nogg-el the Angels Did Say?

Super Saver started selling egg-nog a couple weeks ago. I've now consumed my first half gallon of it, and to top it off, I had egg nog ice cream tonight at Ivanna Cone with my sister and her friends. Actually all four of us had egg nog with my sister gettting the lemon cheesecake, me getting caramel cashew, and her two friends each also getting the sweet cream vanilla.

I've always enjoyed egg-nog. I've even tried making it at home; it didn't turn out very well but that is how it goes when you don't have all the necessary ingredients. Nog(g) is a strong ale from 17th century East Anglia. Originally they would make egg-nog or egg-flip by stirring eggs into hot beer/ale, then add some sugar, milk and spices. I'm not so bold as to think that would taste very good though.

One more question and answer from the academy bowl that I found amusing:

This mountain, considered by many to be the most beautiful in Europe, is in the Alps on the border between Switzerland and Italy. Those who have been to Disney World would be sure to remember it as well.

The two responses were "Space Mountain" and "Magic Mountain" respectively. For the answer see comments.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At October 28, 2005 10:35 PM, Blogger Scott said...

It's got to be the Matterhorn, though Mount Blanc is lovely too. I'm going to be terribly un-postmodern for a moment and say that the lack of world geography in our curriculum is abhorrent. I have values! They include geography! (Including artificially imposed names!) Everyone should value what I do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home