Saturday, October 29, 2005

Why I'd Like to Compose

Because, I could then title my tunes. Today at CVC while not enjoying or learning from the sermon, I looked at the different tune titles and accompanying songs in the Seventh-Day Adventist Hymnal. Those of you who enjoy playing the piano and hymns might look to pages 816-818 in your hymnal for variety.

Some tune titles and stories that caught my eye:

Yigdal (11), You Yangs (102), Ton-y-Botel (413,606), My favorite: Thaxted (648) This tune is from Gustav Holst's The Planets. I can't say I'd like to be thaxted, but wouldn't mind thaxting someone. See Saw Saccara Down (288), St. Botolph (585) my favorite of many "Saint" tunes, O store Gud (86)

Pronounciation conversation

With NPR you get to hear fairly accredited people pronounce words instead of just read them. This week Marketplace with Kai Ryssdal highlighted New York which included reports on the NYSE and their recent merger with Archipelago, an electronic brokerage firm.

Here is where the pronounciation comes into play. They pronounce "electronic" elle-ectronic, not ee-lectronic. I like the choice. What do you think, but more important how do you pronounce it?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At October 29, 2005 7:44 PM, Blogger bryant said...

I have always said, "elle-ctronic" and I think it sounds better.

"We gonna rock down to Electric Avenue"

Hey you need to fix your code so we can see your previous posts.

 
At October 30, 2005 12:51 PM, Blogger Scott said...

That was only happening in Firefox. Opera, Avant, and IE were reading it fine. It should be fixed now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home