Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Given

Wendy, as the only contestant, wins the Proof Is In The Pudding Contest[Editor's Note: A request was made for bread pudding recipes in the March 13 post titled The Proof?]. Thankfully, it was a worthy entry regardless of the competition. I will give some props to John though, from whom I asked for some "coaching." My recommendations to improve my execution would be to use fresh, not freezer burnt, rhubarb (I wish I would have used my strawberries instead; the cranberries I added were a nice touch though.) and more cinnamon, partly because I increased the recipe a bit because of my bread. I used an entire loaf of French bread, the eight slices was a bit too ambiguous. I suggest staling and cubing enough to fill your dish and then adjust accordingly. Bytheby, I made it last night, not Sunday like I said I was gonna, but I did go running on Sunday; I cut it from 5 or 6 to 3.5 miles because I wasn't feeling it.

Tonight though, I ran 4 miles. It was wonderful because I had a nice high from running. This was good, because normally after a more stressful day of work I drown my anxiety in a pint of Hagen-Daas Chocolate Peanut Butter ice cream (or one of ale). I'm glad that I can now use running as a respite instead of a burden.

Happy Birthday Angela! A nice hug to you. (I know that I'm a bit late.)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At March 22, 2006 11:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dearest Daniel,

At least I can figure out my score on the TDS quiz.

Much Love,
Wendy

 
At March 22, 2006 1:31 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

So what is it?

 
At March 22, 2006 2:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

83.57. Does it work like golf?

 
At March 25, 2006 2:51 PM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

Wow; I can't remember having a high with less than about 6 miles. Good for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home