Sunday, April 16, 2006

The Real Daniel

I'm sorry. I have been misleading my readers (faithful and otherwise). Reading this blog, I'm sure it gives the impression I lead a terribly exciting, eventful life. In reality, I find every excuse I can to sleep in, and once out of bed I spend as much time, reasonable or otherwise, in front of a monitor, tv or otherwise. Forget couch potato. I'm a monitor lizard. Case in point:

Movies I saw this weekend: Ripley's Game, Carried Away, Death and the Maiden, Character, Junebug, and partially National Lampoon's Van Wilder, The Replacements, Jeepers Creepers plus Jeepers Creepers 2, and I've got 51 more in my Netflix queue.

TV shows I currently can't pass up: The Next Food Network Star, Ham on the Street, Good Eats, Grey's Anatomy, Robot Chicken, Minoriteam, Moral Orel, Scrubs, Sons and Daughters, Amazing Race 9, South Park, American Idol Elimination, Top Chef, The Office, My Name Is Earl, The Henry Rollins Show, Dinner for Five, and we can't forget The Daily Show and his little brother all growed up, The Colbert Report, Ed vs. Spencer is another I mentioned before.

My internetting committments include gmail, hotmail, myspace, blogger, espn, netflix, and associate links.

On top of, or I should say "around," the monitoring, I try to add eating, exercising, reading (just finished Stephen King's Apt Pupil from Different Seasons, next up American Psycho and selections from the Koran), annoying Scott, consuming music, and sleeping. Not too exciting, not at all.

PS I did go to Ivanna Cone Saturday night for some more chambord (a quart of it is now in my freezer) and had a wonderful dish of chambord, Bailey's, and cinnamon. Fantastic!

Thiseen, I went to El Comal and got a lengua burrito and a tripitas taco. Yes you Espanophones read that right, tongue and stomach. The tripitas was good. The tongue was tough and dryish. One menu had brains on it but more updated ones didn't, not that I'm really aching for some bovine encephalitis ten years from now.

Verry booring. (Get it, I'm a boor. ha. ha.)

Out.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At April 17, 2006 12:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Not boring. Gross.

I do approve of the annoying Scott part though.

Who is your Amazing race pick? I'm in love with the hippies, but I don't know if they have what it takes to make it.

 
At April 17, 2006 7:44 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

I'm going with the hippies too. I think they might not have the overwhelming lovability that the last winners, of the normal one, the black couple had, which had the producers of the show stop a plane in order for them to be tied going into Miami for though. The guileless philandering of the other top two guys is interesting and might push them over the top.

 
At April 18, 2006 7:49 AM, Blogger Kate Lechler said...

Wow. I'm impressed at your time management skills. You really have got to find a way to make a career out of all of this--there's GOT to be money there somewhere. The only show I watch is Desperate Housewives, and I don't even watch it on TV--I download it so I can watch it at my leisure.

 
At April 18, 2006 7:43 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

I forgot to include Michael's quote: "Everyone's entitled to a couple of vices. I'll take TV for both of mine."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home