Thursday, July 13, 2006

My Summer Vacation Volume One

Friday June 30: Today I left Lincoln at 3:30 for my aunt's home in Brighton, CO. The first hundred miles heading west on I-80 looks the same as the second hundred miles, which happens to look the same as the third hundred miles. After travelling many times "on that long and lonesome highway east of Omaha," allll the way across Iowa and up to Chicago. I can say that it is one of the most boring stretches of road. Ever.

July 1: Rabbit, Rabbit. I started today with a light 3 mile walk with my aunt around her neighborhood. I then watched a soccer match, England v. Portugal, while she had her hair cut appointment, and then we both went to Greeley to visit my cousin, her son. After a pleasantly delicious meal at Outback Steakhouse, we did some shopping. My treasure from the shopping was a meat thermometer. That evening was relaxing in the cool of the evening and watching Running Scared (fine maybe a 2.5 outta 5).

July 2 (the happiest day of someone else's life): Morning was waffles and Johnny Cash and cd collection organizing. Then I went to Ben and Ashley's Wedding. It was my first time driving in the mountains, to Estes Park, but I enjoyed it and can see why one would enjoy living there.

I thoroughly enjoyed the wedding. I appreciated every choice they made--from the service and reception being held in the same room to a group sing of If.

The drive back in the mountains was a bit more harrowing, but new and exciting nonetheless.

July 3: I left for West Bend Recreation Area on the Missouri River from Brighton at 7:30 am.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home