Saturday, April 28, 2007

A Party for No Reason

After a disappointing week discipline-wise, I had a wonderful Friday. I went running after work for seven miles. Then Angela and I went to Ivanna Cone for the much anticipated Ginger Lemongrass ice cream. She sent an email to request Honey Sesame for when Klaralyn comes to Lincoln. In the return email, Amy, the proprietor of that wonderful establishment, mentioned she had made a batch of Ginger Lemongrass. So I called on Wednesday to see if it was out front yet; it wasn't going to make it out that night because the other flavors weren't moving too fast. I called again yesterday and it finally made it to the board and "wasn't some secret flavor." After enjoying our dish and cone of ice cream, Angela and I each got some to take home. It really was a very impressive board of flavors that Ivanna Cone had going: Sweet Cream Vanilla, Dutch Chocolate, Mint Oreo, Coffee, Chambord (a favorite of Ellen's), Cinnamon, Ginger Lemongrass, Coconut Pecan (Angela go some of this for home with the GL), Kentucky Chocolate (a hint of bourbon), and Basalmic Strawberry Pear Sorbet. There are some flavors I'm missing, another sorbet for example, but still very very strong.

Then we played bean bags. Michael Barrett, a man about town in the downtown Lincoln area, was walking by and joined us for a few games. Our last game was the most hotly contested. She jumped out to an 8-0 lead, but I jumped back into it with a 6 point round. Then I got ahead 9-8. After some quality rounds by each of us we were tied at 13 for like three or four rounds. At this point Angela made a comment about how "this might get a bit tedious." Well, she ended the tedium with eight points the next round to win the match.

That was our party and it was grand.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At May 01, 2007 9:48 AM, Blogger Kate Lechler said...

That party sounds wonderful. I can't wait to move to Lincoln (fingers crossed) so I can join in on the fun.

 
At May 11, 2007 8:41 AM, Blogger Angela said...

oh daniel, i haven't checked blogs in so long. i was happy to find this account. that was a good friday for sure. i saw the man about town on the bus yesterday. sometimes i lay low so he won't see me. ^^;;

 

Post a Comment

<< Home