Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Islands in the Stream

Ceri has met Leah's challenge, and I join her. And really this comes at a good time for me because I've been thinking about web logging on how some of my friends are very closely associated with different music artists for me. Katie and The Beatles, Amy and James Taylor, Ellen and Of Montreal, Michael and John Denver (among others).

Top five albums I would want if stranded on a desert isle (in no particular order):

Sufjan Stevens: Come On and Feel the Illinoise
The Beatles: The White Album
John Denver: An Evening with John Denver
Led Zeppelin: III
Beck: Odelay

Alternate: The Essential Chopin

Honorable Mention:
Ben Folds: Rockin' the Suburbs
Willie Nelson: Stardust
Simon and Garfunkel: Bridge Over Troubled Water

Labels:

5 Comments:

At March 08, 2007 12:55 PM, Blogger Karen said...

oo, oo, what band do you associate with me?

 
At March 08, 2007 12:59 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Good news, the Herman Honeytown link is fixed on the condimentkitchen web site! I don't know how long it was broke.

 
At March 08, 2007 6:09 PM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

Karen, I don't know with which band Daniel associates you, but for me it's U2 (which is good since they're my favorite!). I associate some other excellent music with my brother, since he, more than anyone else, buys me albums he thinks I'll like, and is correct (although Stephen Malkmus is still in the growing-on-me stage).

Way to rise to the challenge, Daniel!

I'm still waiting for lists from the rest of you...

 
At March 12, 2007 1:07 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Thanks for your list, Daniel. I like the Led Zeppelin inclusion here...I wanted more classic rock in my list, but other things edged it out.

 
At March 13, 2007 1:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an honour to be associated with John Denver.

I will promise to always associate the Squirrel Nut Zippers with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home