Sunday, July 08, 2007

Great Success!

That is my summation of my week and particularly Thursday night Bean Bags and Rhubarb.

My week started with the Fleishkuechle feed and late night trip home. Monday Karen called and we went to Ivanna Cone for ice cream. Tuesday Karen and Wendy and Michael and Buffy came over and played Phase 10.

Wednesday was the Fourth and was everything I'd hoped it to be. I started my day making rhubarb crisp and steamed squash with coconut custard. Then Wendy, Karen, and I went to Seward, NE for their Grand Parade. I saw Marsha and Tomas Bartulec and also Michelle Wehling. The parade wasn't that grand but entertaining enough. It helped that we were at the corner where the parade turned, so you got the drama of the different floats having to navigate the maneuver. After the parade, we came back to Lincoln and went to the fireworks at Oak Lake Park where we were joined by Michael, Buffy, Travis, Deidra, Randy, and Becca.

Thursday, as I said before, was great. Michael, Kyle, Scott, Tanya, Ben Yancer, Katie Carlson, Leslie de Flutier, Karen, Pauline Deeb, Wendy, Buffy, and Deidra all came over. I don't know if I forgot anyone; I really hope I didn't. We all played bean bags and ate the crisp and squash with custard that I'd prepared the day before. There was plenty of after party too: hanging out, talking, laughing.

Friday Wendy, Karen, and I went to Yia Yia's for pizza and such (I had a Left Hand Brewery [out of Longmont, CO] Black Jack Porter that was fine, but not close to Free State's Blackjack Porter). Then we came back to my place an played Phase 10, which Wendy won, and Monopoly, of which I was the victor.

Saturday I got some rhubarb from the farmer's market. But I was kinda worried because I only saw one booth selling it. Rhubarb might be going out of season, which changes the dynamics of my Thursday Night Rhubarb and Bean Bags. At the very least, it changes the dynamics of the recipes. Then Karen and I went to Something Else Sabbath School, Michel's Ville Grille (because Alladin's was closed for carpet renovations), the Something Else Sabbath School picnic in Pioneer's Park, and finished our day at Becca and Randy's with Buffy, Michael, Casey, Deidra, and Chris with some singing, talking, and munching of popcorn, fruit and ice cream.

So this week was brought to you by the letters K, W, B, and M, and the number 4.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At July 08, 2007 8:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It was a good week.

 
At July 10, 2007 4:02 AM, Blogger Angela said...

T.T (in korea those are crying eyes.) it sounds like a fabulous, fabulous week and weekend.

 
At July 10, 2007 4:29 PM, Blogger Wishydig said...

You've been tagged.

 
At July 12, 2007 11:00 PM, Blogger nance said...

bluebarb. you're on. even strawbarb. custardbarb is pretty good too. Daniel, have you ever made flan? I just found out that I'm in love with it. Strange relationship I know... but a delicious one.

 
At July 12, 2007 11:59 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

It is funny you should mention that. Just last week I made my steamed squash with coconut custard, and I had some extra coconut custard that I baked in ramekins in a water bath, very flan like, except it tasted like kettle corn. Ask Ben Yancer.

I can make some for you if you give me a "heads up."

 
At July 22, 2007 5:44 PM, Blogger Buffy Turner said...

I can't believe I've been so delinquent in blog-reading, to the point that I missed these heartwarming recaps. I also can't believe you shared the victor of a later Monopoly and Phase 10 game, ever eliding to mention who won that first-mentioned game of Phase 10, her first night playing it. Ever.

We all have to play Settlers and Ticket to Ride some day. Those, along with Phase 10, are probably my favorite games right now.

B
(which is to say, 1/4)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home