Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Has Been and Jerry Rigged

Tonight, as I'm wont, I had a pint of ice cream on my way back from SuperSaver. The bill of fare for tonight was Chocolate Almond Nougat by Ben and Jerry. It is a chocolate ice cream with fudge covered almonds and a swirl of nougat. It wasn't that great. The chocolate ice cream was above par in golf terms; the nougat was more of a burnt marshmallow swirl. The only redeeming bite I had was when there were a bunch of the fudge covered almonds. To give them some benefit of faith, I noticed some crystals on the top of the ice cream that belied some thawing and refreezing; plus it was on sale, so maybe SuperSaver didn't preserve the iced cream integrity as B&J had hoped. Still, I didn't notice any more crystals in the rest of the pint, so that excuse is superficial at best. I've used this space before to rail against B&J, and I probably will again.

While I'm dogging them, I suppose I'll commend them for the fine work they've done with Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream, a vanilla ice cream with chocolate covered waffle cone pieces and a caramel swirl. This is a much better celebrity ice cream than Willy Nelson's Country Peach Cobbler, a peach ice cream with cinnamon shortbread pieces. That Colbert's eponymous pints are better is demonstrated by the fact that the stores I frequent are often out of his flavor, while Willy is still hanging around.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At June 20, 2007 10:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I like the peach much much better. Americone dream is good, but a bit sweet for me.

 
At June 21, 2007 2:20 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

I think your new friends are a bad influence.

 
At June 21, 2007 8:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, damn liberals.

 
At June 23, 2007 5:52 PM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

You know what I love and haven't been able to find recently? Dublin Mudslide. That is some good ice cream!

In this week's Level 4 phonics lessons, one of the sentences for practicing the long-word decoding strategy is "I would like an unlimited supply of ice cream." That is true, and makes me hungry when I write it on the board.

cazaoh

 
At June 24, 2007 12:04 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

I think I've had Dublin Mudslide and found it too busy, but maybe I was just in a bad mood. Their Karamel Sutra is pretty good. The post I linked to mentioned my love for their Black and Tan, which I don't see anymore at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home