Thursday, November 15, 2007

Diamonds Are Forever.

Actually they aren't. But whoever DeBeers has doing their commercials chooses some really good music. The first song that I really enjoyed was a Cat Power cover of a Cat Stevens song (wow, that's the first time I made that connection). Man drapes a diamond necklace over the woman lying next to him in bed while Cat Power sings, "How can I tell you I love you? I love you. I'm always thinking of you."

And now there is a commercial with a man demonstrating very poor driving technique (trust me, it takes one to know one) by staring at his wife in the passenger seat. The song playing is "Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop," and can be heard here on Landon Pigg's MySpace page.

And while I'm on the topic of music, I'm going to a Sondre Lerche concert in Omaha on Sunday. Dan Wilson, formerly the lead singer of Supersonic, is opening.

Michael recommended Sondre to me a long time ago (I want to say it was my visit to Berrien when I had dinner with him and Buffy at El Toro.) I took to him almost immediately jumped at the opportunity to see him live. I got my ticket before my sister asked me if I knew who he was. She had seen Dan in Real Life (a fine film that I recommend, MUCH better than The Family Stone), and Mr. Lerche wrote original music and score for the film, including performing with his group, The Faces Down Band, in the film.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At November 16, 2007 11:10 PM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

Ugh. "The Family Stone" was TERRIBLE. "Dan in Real Life" did look interesting; I guess I'll check it out.

 
At November 17, 2007 4:15 AM, Blogger Wishydig said...

For some reason I keep thinking of Lerche as an artist that you recommended to me.

But of course I remember then that I first heard him on Carson Daly singing an acoustic version of "You Know So Well."

I believe it was when you visited Buffy and me for the first time. The beginning of much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home