Sunday, May 09, 2010

Dark and Squamscot



We might have a leader in the clubhouse with this one. It has the slow peppery burn that I think should distinguish the dark and stormy from the ginger gale. It also succeeds where the previous two failed in becoming the sum of its parts. Flavor profile-wise, it is more subtle than the Maine Root Ginger Brew, and with a honey color it makes for a prettier drink, probably, than the greenish, cloudy Ginger Brew.

Drunk alone without the rum, I think the cane sugar instead of corn syrup serves the drink well. It has an effervescent and refreshing punch.

Next up: Buderim Ginger "Authentic Australian" Ginger Brew

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At May 10, 2010 8:55 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

You're working your way through that bottle of rum pretty quickly.


gesesses

 
At May 10, 2010 6:32 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Yeah, I know. I hope I have enough to make it to Friday. Worst case scenario, I could use my Kraken black rum.

leodwar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home