Thursday, October 20, 2005

The Rooster and The Hen

and the Egg.

My friend Angela's friend's husband Jeff gave a talk about a relationship with Christ. He presents it well and as good as I've seen this analogy anywhere. However, I wonder if it is wise to liken our relationship with God to a relationship with a human, even if it is our holy matrimonized partner. Double-However, it could be that because of my inability to have a relationship with a person that would be worthy to mimic in my deified relationships. So the issue isn't having a relationship with God that is like a human relationship, but that I need to learn how to have relationships that are worthy of imitating with God.

This is where I think the Greco-Roman pantheon comes in handy. In this situation, the gods themselves have screwy relationships with each other and humans too. It takes a lot of pressure off our own interpersonal relationships. Plus it helps to magnify different character traits to learn from. To Be Continued.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At October 21, 2005 1:41 PM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

Daniel, I found this post today and it made me think of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home