Saturday, October 15, 2005

Hot Eats, Cool Treats

Today I went thrifting. I got some ties, a juicer, and five books: two on food, two dictionaries, and one Bulfinch's Mythology (oh and one Pictionary). When I went down to the Goodwill on 17th and Washington, I went to Grateful Bread for the first time. They were out of samiches, but they did have curried cauliflower soup, which I would take over any mulligatawny that the Oven or Tandoor have to offer.

Then this evening Scott and I went to Ivanna Cone. They had a wonderful new flavor: Basalmic Strawberry. The Peanut Butter Fudge Brownie was good too.

I've decided I like old dictionaries; the two I got today were from 1965 and 1936. There is another at Olde Glory antique shop from 1901. Soon it will be mine. On a side note, Gurney is a good test word for dictionaries. Many do not have it. I ask you, "What do they call hospital beds on wheels then?"

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At October 16, 2005 12:35 PM, Blogger Kate Lechler said...

Daniel, Good blog. I'm proud of you for keeping up with it. :) (It's also helpful as I am keeping a linguistics diary for class, and having trouble coming up with material--there's always something interesting to spark thoughts in your blog.)

 
At October 16, 2005 9:20 PM, Blogger Angela said...

i'm glad to see you've updated. i haven't had a chance to read everything but i look forward to it.

oh, and how i miss ivana cone and used books. balsamic strawberry sounds divine. if they ever make green tea or sweet potato or kimchi ice cream be sure to try them and think of korea...and me. *^.^*

 
At October 16, 2005 11:03 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

It is nice to be appreciated. Angela, have you ever had a cake made with sweetened condensed milk? Some say it is better than sex.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home