Saturday, February 18, 2006

Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes.

I'm happy this week is over now. I realize it was only the last three days that made it annoying (Tuesday was great), but still, it is frustrating to be the cause and victim of your problems. Why do I stay up til 3am? Oh well.

I went to Scrumpy Jack's last night after work and had a scotch on the rocks, DeWar's, with my grilled Atlantic salmon on a cucumber salad with a red wine reduction. I just don't enjoy spirits like I do beer. It did take the edge off, though, which helped me to enjoy the basketball games much more.

The Campion-College View game was a real nail-biter. Brian Panovec, from CVA, stole the ball and made a lay-up with 8 seconds to go to put CVA ahead, by one, for the first time since the middle of the second quarter. On the subsequent possession, Campion player McTaggert made a three-pointer to put them ahead by two. Then as the clock ran out, Brian Bailey for CVA was fouled shooting a three. He made the first one, the second one rolled around dramatically and fell out. Campion called time out, presumably to "ice" him. Then, he made the final free throw to send the game to a four minute overtime.

At the end of overtime CVA was down by two points in the closing seconds and Brian Bailey threw up this horrible three point shot that banked in to give them the lead. Campion some how managed to call timeout with .8 seconds remaining. Their final attempt to inbound the ball failed, and we'll see the rematch on Saturday night.

Tonight I watched Chopper with Eric Bana. There seems to be a trend for Australian actors, Bana, Crowe, Gibson, Pearce, to first play a violent criminal in an Aussie film before hitting the US screens. This does make a smidgen of sense when you remember that they are just a bunch of criminals to start with.

This same logic applies to our Red State. Those Puritans make the mullahs seem like timid prevaricators.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At February 20, 2006 3:56 PM, Blogger Leah said...

I saw Eric Bana in Munich. He was great, but the movie was a bit too much (Spielberg, of course). But Eric Bana is so lovely and beautiful.

 
At February 20, 2006 10:06 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

I liked him a lot in Munich. I liked him the most of anyone in Troy. He's not too lovely or beautiful in Chopper though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home