Monday, February 20, 2006

Happy Presiding Day!

President comes from the Latin "to sit before." So I hope each of you sat before something today. I have tried all day to think of how to celebrate this day; besides not mailing something, I got nothing. I even have a way to commemorate MLK Jr. Day (I drink chocolate milk.). So any suggestions from y'all to make this day more memorable would be quite welcome.

I'm rewatching my favorite parts of the Simon and Garfunkel in Central Park dvd tonight. They don't interact with the crowd as well as Ben Folds does in his "Ben Folds with WASO (Western Australia Symphony Orchestra) Live at Perth" dvd.

"Now the years are rolling by me, they are rocking evenly.
I am older than I once was,
Younger than I'll be that's not unusual,
Though it isn't strange.
After changes upon changes
We are more or less the same,
After changes we are more or less the same."

--The Boxer

This verse isn't on the Bridge Over Troubled Water album. I first heard it when I rented a best music of SNL dvd with Paul Simon included. It is also included in their concert. A Google search provides a few options for the second half of the first line "they are rockin' even me," my choice, and "easily." I couldn't pick it out on the dvd, but I hear an "l" in there so I'm going with the "evenly." I thought it might be "rocky kneed and lean." Probably not. Welcome Dragonfly.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home