Sunday, March 26, 2006

"Bobby thumbed a diesel down."

I woke before 7 AM. Went to Piedmont after watching Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson on VH1's Storytellers, Johnny even sang some Hank Williams for a bit, very Holy Trinity of Country Music. There was a nice moment when a string on Trigger broke, so Johnny lent his guitar to Willie. As Willie was playing around, growing accustomed to the new instrument while the string was being replaced, Johnny said,"That's the first time it's been played." Then I took a nap before helping Ellen move a chest of nothing, no drawers. Watched George Mason an 11 seed beat the number 1 seed UCONN. Shopped for some clothes. Ran 6 miles at about an 8 minute pace. Ate supper at Bennigan's, and bought time, movies and hangers at Wal-Mart. Now I'm sharing my day with an online community.

On the way back home from Piedmont along Capitol Parkway, I saw a man in a red coat watching a robin. It is now officially Spring. At Bennigan's, I had a martini, perfect, for the first time. I had a Manhattan at Dish before, but this was my first normal martini with some olives. I was thinking a quality description of a woman would be that she is the olive juice in the martini of life.

Now I'll watch some Adult Swim, Minoriteam, Morel Orel and whatnot.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At March 27, 2006 10:05 AM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

8 minute miles: Fabulous! Is your mom that fast, or are you planning on leaving her in the dust?

 
At March 27, 2006 1:01 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

I'm planning on not collapsing. I'm not planning on trying to beat anyone, I really just want to be in good enough shape to enjoy talking to my mother for a few hours.

 
At March 28, 2006 12:03 AM, Blogger bryant said...

I would say 6 miles at an 8min/mile is quite good. I don't think you have anything to worry about for the race.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home