Friday, August 18, 2006

Gettin' Busy at Work

I mean order volume, not this. This is good because it matches exactly with the influx of our student workers, who are mostly new and seem very capable. Yesterday I was tired, but I remained energized throughout the day.

Last night was my penultimate Thursday Night: Bean Bags and Blubarb. That means that next Thursday, the 24th, at 7 pm will be my last of the season. This doesn't mean that I won't continue baking pie and playing bean bags, but I will be less deliberate about it. So, come one and most, and bring a friend and a dog. There will be blubarb pie and rhubarb crisp and maybe a surprise dessert.

Tonight I go to my first ever roller derby. The Mary Kay Mafia are taking on Gang Green. More on this later.

And if you haven't been to my other blog, Word Hoard, I invite you there. Just click the link "More of Me."

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At August 20, 2006 5:42 PM, Blogger Wishydig said...

Looking too literally at the antecedent of "this" your first two sentences leads to a disturbing claim about what happens at your work. I'm starting to wonder about what other "husbandry" honours I could order from AdventSource.

 
At August 21, 2006 11:03 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Thank You! I initially read your comment in my email box and didn't see what you meant until now. Very funny stuff. The bit about being tired yet remaining energized is the best.

 
At August 26, 2006 12:59 AM, Blogger Buffy Turner said...

Oh, I seriously can't stop dying over the whole antecedent-of-"this" affair.

I just keep reading Michael's comment, going back to the original entry, dying, ad seriatim, ad infinitum.

Oh, seriously. I could do this all night.

 
At August 26, 2006 2:45 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Buffy, you're such a phoenix.

 
At August 26, 2006 2:48 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

And I think the French call this un petit mort.

 
At August 26, 2006 9:54 PM, Blogger Buffy Turner said...

That "un petit mort" concept is fascinating. Michael and I just googled it.

Or as Michael reads it, "a little more."

Oh, doesn't that kill you? How does one get over jokes like these? How?

Good one with the phoenix line, too. I only wish you could've heard Michael's orotund bass-of-a-laugh over it.

Yes, yes. Me and my funeral pyres. I'm no dabbler when it comes to death, I know.

And who other than Michael could deliver such delightful death again and again and again?

Of course I speak of his humor.

 
At August 26, 2006 9:58 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Sure Buffy, sure.

 
At August 26, 2006 10:03 PM, Blogger Buffy Turner said...

But don't you s-e-r-i-o-u-s-l-y die over the line about your workers being new yet seeming quite capable?

Michael paid me the same compliment some time ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home