Monday, August 07, 2006

"You still don't like to leave before the end of the movie."

This weekend I watched Clerks II, Lady in the Water, Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, and Tully. Lady in the Water was the only one I didn't enjoy. Part of my hang up with it was that the story, with narfs and scrunts and tartutics, didn't match linguistically for me with the Asian family that was relating it. Clerks II could be offensive to some, but it was funny and balanced the comedic rants of Randal with a more distinct plot nicely. At the end of the credits of Talladega Nights, there is a fun explication of Faulkner's The Bear. Tully takes place in Nebraska.

My pie has been figured out. One cup of normal sugar, instead of 1 1/2, did the trick at toning down the sweetness. This next Thursday will be a fun one with my family bringing my sister down to start at Union.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At August 07, 2006 8:56 PM, Blogger Buffy Turner said...

Narfs and tartutics! What lovely words!

But it's you, and your little pie preoccupation, that really kills me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home