Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Dog Names

So I'm watching the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show tonight. There are lots of great names for these pure bred dogs.

What is your pure bred name? I think a formula that might work would be an anagram of your mother or father's name with one letter removed, then a compound of two nature words, like oak and rain, and finally a choice of an anagram of your middle name, the title of a movie, a fictional character, or a phrase that includes prepositions (throw in a possessive form for fun). Enjoy:

Windkist Little Rascal, Windbourne Silver Hammer, Churchhils Treasured Moon (dam Shilohs Nomoblues O Churchil), Sunburst Huntsman at Mechta, Bill Cosby's dog: Hobergay's Fineus Fogg, Kiarry's Reflections of the Sun,

Torquay S Demetrio(sire Rapidan Impressive, dam Greystone Harpia), Pequest Persuasive (dam Pequest Tilly Tooter), Gerico's Hawthorne Windsor Rose, Erinwood Clossongrey Smoke'N Mirrors (dam Erinwood Whynsome Of Eagle),

Lindvangen Nemo, Scentasias Howlaway Semper Fi, Sennenhof Xander, Setextra Velikoross Pavel, Hallam's Benenkhons Ra Qena, Aerdenhout's Make It So, Thistleglen Margot, Brushwood's Moxi of Endeavor, Subiras Riley (sire Subiras Charle of Amerdee), Kyleakin Scotsman Invasion, Miimoksen Deneb,

Finnabair Maoli, Geordan Tiger Lily, Best in Breed Kerry Blue Terrier: Aran Ferbane (sire Lescareiot Gorgeous George dam Aran Enniskerry), Alugoaa Del Cornijal, Cause For Celebration (dam Cracknor Cause Celebre),

Cantell You Can Call Me Ted, Showa Fantastic With Pantulf (sire Orlane's Cousteau At Saxonsprings), Breawood's Dancetotherisnson, Ambrier's Nanda Devi (sire Flubber Of Lollipop),

Medawisla Bluwater Yachtsman, Elmo's Men Are From Mars, Zindika Svengali Determinator, Chataquas Valimir Of Kyrov, Bermarg's Boondox Talisman,

Montrose The Golden Harvest, Broadcreek's Titus Of Taliesin, Osferatu Fauve De La Chaume Du Bois Dieu, German Shepherd Best in Breed: Kaleefs Geneva Aeval-Achtung

Labels:

7 Comments:

At February 13, 2007 10:37 PM, Blogger bryant said...

To be honest I hadn't though much about it until recently. But apparently there is controversy in dog breeding beyond what is depicted in Best in Show and in the antics of Triumph. Read This is a dog if you want to know about it. I have a whole different view of pugs now.

 
At February 13, 2007 11:34 PM, Blogger Buffy Turner said...

Michael only recently found out our first dog, when we were kids, was "Blacky." He died. I guess that's the consummate dog cliche, but I never realized it until then; "Blacky" to us was so much more.

Sorry. That's the closest I can get to Westminster talk.

 
At February 13, 2007 11:47 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Bryant, poor pugs. I am a purist myself and just because others are irresponsible with dog breeding doesn't mean I need to be punished. I want a beautiful dog as a life accessory and status symbol.

Buffy, I don't know where to start. At first I thought you and Michael were going to have the same dog or something like that. Did he find out the dog died or that its name was Blacky? What is the consummate dog cliche, that it died? I hate it when dogs are so cliche and die.

And at which point did you realize this cliche? When Michael found out or when your dog died? And Blacky was so much more to you than a cliched dog name?

Sorry, it is getting a bit late and I'm ornery.

 
At February 14, 2007 3:22 PM, Blogger Wishydig said...

All fair questions Daniel. In fact this is how I found out the dog's name:

We were talking about good dog names and I said that a name like Robert or Andrew would be funny. She laughed. Then I had to provide the counterweight to the novelty of a 'human' name so I voiced my disdain for typical dog names that everyone uses: like "Champ" or "Blacky" (the latter for a Black Lab especially). She smiled weakly and I realized what I had just done. "Your dog was named "Blacky!" I exclaimed - laughing loudly.

Buffy didn't apologize or try to defend the name. She chuckled and explained that at their young age she and Casey weren't concerned with being original or clever. The dog needed a name. It was a black dog. They would call it "Blacky."

Far worse is that my uncle chose the same name for his Black Lab when he was an adult. My uncle that is.

 
At February 14, 2007 10:10 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

I like how you exclaim with laughter after realizing you have mistakenly belittled your wife's childhood nymical(?) deed.

I can't really talk though when it comes to naming dogs. I think my first dog was named Buster; we also had a Bill, he was a cocker spaniel. I did think one child who got one of our family's pups two years ago had a clever name. "Flag, because just look at his tail how it goes in the wind."

Molly, the latest puppy, is now at our apartment. Pictures to come.

 
At February 15, 2007 7:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Some pics of Molly are on my myspace, I'll add them to blogger some time this morning.

Columbia to KC is a 2 hour drive if the roads are good. I'm down with that trip. It sounds very interesting, esp if the fans of arena football are anything like hockey fans. Want me to buy tickets?

 
At February 15, 2007 4:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Okie. Any specific seats you want?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home