Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Mind If I Borrow Some Quiet?

Today is Ash Wednesday, the first of forty days of Lent. It is a time of penitence and fasting. I am going to fast from noise. There are a lot of ways I'm going to implement this in my life, a lot of them surrounding turning off the radio. Turn off the radio when I'm in the shower, in my car, at work when no one else is around. I'll also mute commercials on television, and not turn the television on unless there is a specific show I want to watch (no TV browsing). I'm going to try to keep my jibber-jabber to a minimum at work too; there really isn't that much that needs saying.

Last night after working out, I went to IHOP for a free short stack of pancakes. Interesting to me, the waitress I had is one of the spirit leaders for the Husker wrestling team (that sentence has some tricky cases in it). This fact, of course, increased her tip. We talked about the Big XII wrestling championships in Columbia, MO the 3rd of March. She has to leave at 4:30 Saturday morning to make the five hour jaunt. Wendy and I, however, are going down on Friday and are coming back on Sunday.

I'm going to ask this question now and have more on this in a latter post: Who or what is to say that God isn't nice and good?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At February 22, 2007 7:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad we aren't leaving at 4:30 in the morning.

You doing laundry here this week?

 
At February 24, 2007 10:56 AM, Blogger Greg said...

great idea. giving up noise.

 
At February 24, 2007 7:03 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

how's mrs. castle?

 
At March 04, 2007 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So are you enough of a fan to have recognised the spirit leader before she identified herself as one?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home