Sunday, May 06, 2007

"Let It Rain"

So my mother and I ran the Lincoln Half-Marathon this morning. It was raining at the start, which made for a generally wet race.

My chip time was 111 minutes and 57 seconds. I think this was faster than last year. If memory serves me (and that should be memory's purpose: To Serve Man), I did 1:56 last year. Turns out Memory failed me. According to my post about last year's half-marathon, I did it in 1:54:27.

Instead of running the first half of each mile at a comfortable pace and then racing to the next mile marker, like I did last year. I worked for two 8 minute miles to start, then just ran comfortably for the rest of it. And I did run for the entire thing, no walking for a bit after hitting the 11.5 mile wall.

As the 4800 or so were inching toward the starting line, I thought how interesting it would be to move at that rate for the entire 13 miles. Everyone slowly shuffling along and every so often getting to move 10 feet at a time instead of just 1 or 2. I know how cattle or sheep going to market feel now.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At May 07, 2007 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just played frisbee golf.

So I guess we're both pushing ourselves to our physical limits.

 
At May 07, 2007 9:26 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Did you play Frisbee golf or disc golf?

How is your real golf game coming along? You should talk Buffy into letting you bring your clubs to NE. I'd like to learn something.

 
At May 08, 2007 3:29 PM, Blogger Wishydig said...

I refuse to call it disc golf because Keith always insisted that I had to.

Real golf game has probably gotten very bad. It's been about 2 years because of $ issues.

But the clubs will certainly travel with us if there is room.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home