Thursday, August 23, 2007

Bataan Twirler

I think I might be a little sick in my head.

I was driving to the College View Post Office to drop off AdventSource's mail for the day and at the stoplight to turn onto 56th from Calvert I was behind a soccer mom type vehicle that had a decal on the bumper, similar to the "Calvin urinating" decals on the back of pickup windows, of a girl doing the splits and holding a baton above her head. The text accompanying the decal said "Twirler on Board." This was accompanied by a license plate cover/holder that said "I'm a Baton Twirler."

Meanwhile, I'm thinking it would be clever to use the pun Bataan Twirler--blending a horrific event in human history with possibly the perkiest form of entertainment this side of pom-poms.

In doing research for this blog, I found out I'm not the only sick bastard, and even worse, the sick bastard before me gave that phrase as a name (scroll down toward the bottom to Saaraap).

That's all I have.

[While writing this, I've been listening to a This American Life episode that aired on the 10th. The episode is about spokesmen and Act 1 is about Rachel from north London who blogged about her experience after being on the subway in London when it was bombed. I clicked TAL's link to her blog and horribly, her mother died on Wednesday morning.]

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At August 23, 2007 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Daniel,

Sorry we didn't get back to you about this evening. I'd like to request rhubarb pie. Except I can't be there. Maybe if we finish with our insurance agent early we'll stop by. Don't bake the pie. I shouldn't be rewarded for my delinquency.

 
At August 30, 2007 7:33 AM, Blogger Leah said...

I hate, just hate, those bumper stickers that have Calvin peeing on something. Even more annoying, though, was one I saw recently that showed Calving kneeling in prayer to a crucifix.

Grrr. Leave Calvin alone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home