Saturday, August 25, 2007

$14.44

That was the cost of a haircut, a bowl of great gazpacho at Bread & Cup, and an ice cream sundae (peanut butter sauce, whipped cream, and dry-roasted peanuts on banana Oreo ice cream).

My barber at the College of Hair Design was Max Paul Starcic. I've had him before and I really like him. He's a very easy conversationalist, which sadly can't be said of every barber. He shaved my neck with a straight razor and finished my buzz cut with a hot towel on my head. If your hair is too long to appreciate a hot towel on your head, let me tell you: you're missing out.

I've been to Bread & Cup like six times. I've had their breakfast (bowl of banana walnut granola and a cinnamon roll with French press coffee), vegetarian sandwich, curried tuna salad sandwich, BLT, bread pudding (three different servings: fresh banana rum, chocolate, and less fresh banana rum), sample of the heirloom tomato and mozzarella cheese dish, and now, gazpacho. The only things I haven't enjoyed are the vegetarian and tuna salad sandwiches.

I don't know why it has taken me this long, but I'm really glad I discovered Ivanna Cone's sundaes and the excellence that is their peanut butter sauce. Even better, their "smaller" sundae is less than a small dish of two scoops.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At August 27, 2007 12:50 PM, Blogger Karen said...

ooh, I love bread ampersand cup. Let's get Wendy schnokered and the drag her there, which will be less against her will due to her BAL.

 
At August 27, 2007 7:51 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

I'll put a call in to her. Are you up for Wednesday night?

 
At August 27, 2007 9:00 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

I want to go, but my class doesn't get out until six.

 
At August 27, 2007 9:44 PM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

I'd like to go, too, and wouldn't even have to be schnokered. Ellen, maybe you could pick me up on your way?

 
At August 28, 2007 12:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh. I get to be schnokered up! Woohoo! I'm holding you to that. I want alcohol, and I want a lot of it. I'm still not impressed with the menu, but whatever.

 
At August 28, 2007 12:17 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Wednesday it is! 7:30? Ellen, you'll need to drive like a bat out of hell, please note that you normally drive like an old woman so this speed would be considerably faster.

 
At August 28, 2007 12:26 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Wait, wait, Wednesday is not good for me. Can we schedule for Thursday? 7:30? Daniel, are you having anyone over for Thursday festivities?

 
At August 28, 2007 1:20 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

I'm booked up for Thursday, so unless you can pass up your Big Band on Wednesday for Wendy and me, it'll just be the two of us.

However, there is a trip to Champaign this weekend that you can still get in on.

 
At August 30, 2007 7:34 AM, Blogger Leah said...

Ellen does drive like an old woman!

Apezds!

 
At August 30, 2007 7:33 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

I just want to arrive safely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home