Friday, February 29, 2008

And the Oscar went to . . .

There Will Be Blood, No Country for Old Men, No Country for Old Men, and No Country for Old Men.

And I agree. I think it was correct to reward Daniel Day-Lewis' tremendous performance, while also recognizing what the Coen Bros. did. I have a hard time imagining another actor in the role of Daniel Plainview. I think Joel and Ethan could have made their movie with countless other actors and still been great.

In other awards, I'm happy Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova got Best Song (and that Jon Stewart gave her a chance to show her appreciation). Tilda Swinton earned her Best Supporting Actress (even sacrificing her svelte figure). Marion Cotillard definitely inhabited Edith Piaf to win her Best Actress, but I still didn't like watching La Vie En Rose. I'm happy I got to see Javier Bardem in an English speaking role. Now I see why everybody likes him so much.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home