Monday, February 04, 2008

I Couldn't Recommend It

Cooperative Somniloquence--when I start talking, they start sleeping.

Like Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots, I'm disappointed they lost the Super Bowl. I was rooting for the Pats because I don't like how the 1972 Dolphins (the only team in the Super Bowl Era to win all their games) celebrate their accomplishment, and I wanted them at least to have company, and possibly have to move down a chair at the table of perfection (the Patriots would have been 19-0 while the Dolphins only had 17 games). However, I'm very happy that it was a great game with great plays. The 3rd down with 5 yards to go where Elisha Manning resisted being sacked by Adalius Thomas and then threw a beautiful pass that was equaled by the prestidigious catch by David Tyree may have been the greatest play ever in a Super Bowl.

I watched the first episode of Jeeves and Wooster from the BBC on my Netflix. It is taken from P.G Wodehouse's stories and stars Stephen Fry as Jeeves and Hugh Laurie as Bertie Wooster. I enjoyed the first episode and am looking forward to the rest.

In closing, it is that magical week of getting rid of your eggs and dairy so you aren't tempted with their delectablity for Lent.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At February 08, 2008 8:08 AM, Blogger Leah said...

I've been watching Jeeves and Wooster (maybe you know that from my Netflix queue). Anyway, I totally love Wodehouse and the oh-so-British TV and film interpretations of his books. If you can get your hands on it, there's a great British film version of "Heavy Weather" that stars Peter O'Toole and some other British heavyweight actors. I can't find it anywhere, but I saw it on PBS years ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home