Sunday, February 10, 2008

COGniscent

COGniscent: aware that you are a cog in the Machine.

So Nebraska Democrats caucused yesterday. I was one of 41 and then 44 after our spokesperson convinced three undecideds to join our group of Obama supporters. Our 44 of 67 gave him two of the three delegates our provides to the County delegation. Looking at the statewide results on CNN.com, we seem to mirror the rest of the state.

After reading Hillary and Barack's website issues summaries, the only difference I saw between them was a more comprehensive international approach from Obama. He said more about international trade like reforming NAFTA and CAFTA, and will actually speak with countries like Syria, Venezuela, and North Korea. Also, after hearing what an elderly woman at the caucus who had lived in Arkansas for forty years said about the "Clinton Machine," I was reminded why I'm leery of such a Machine, especially when the Republicans are used to attacking it. CNN also had a handy issues drop down that had a short bit for each candidate's stance. It revealed more mind-changing from Hillary, particularly on Iraq and outsourcing, but I'm not frightened by her ability to change her mind when she has more information. However, I'm more confident in Obama, who seems to form the right decision the first time, not having to change his mind.

I'm happy Nebraska's Democratic party moved themselves up in the Primary race to become more relevant because it allowed me to sort myself out on things earlier. Now I just have to hope things will go my way. Half my work is done.

2 Comments:

At February 10, 2008 10:45 AM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

Woooo! Obama!

 
At February 27, 2008 8:53 AM, Blogger Leah said...

That's so cool that you got to caucus. I'd love to see how that works sometime. I've never lived in a state that uses caucuses.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home