Monday, December 31, 2007

"A little resolve is what I need now."

A couple weeks ago I reconnected with one of my uncles. He retired from the Army special forces a few years back and works at a Lowe's managing the tools and hardware department. After catching up with what each of us has been up to the last four or five years, he asked me what my goals were.

This took me by surprise a little bit, as it's been a long time since I thought about goals, much less set them. Part of the reason for this is that I've been a "path of least resistance" liver for a while now. Another part of the reason I haven't set any goals is that I'm content. Now, I know that my contentment can easily be identified as complacency, but I'm going to be nice to myself.

While I haven't set goals previously, I am going to, because goals are good. Plus, I think that goals are better than resolutions. Re-solution implies that there is a problem, while a goal says nothing about where you are, but everything about where you want to be.

Excelsior!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 01, 2008 12:51 PM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

That's one thing about school: it definitely helps with goal-setting.

Goal: Pass my qualifying exams.
Goal: Write my dissertation.
Goal: Move out of Minnesota.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home