Friday, December 14, 2007

My Name is Merle




Hello Sphere o' Blog,

My name is Merle. I am a striking grey cat with some hints of orange hair around my white feet. There is a bit of a striped pattern to my coat which only adds to my splendor. I'm currently curled up directly on Daniel's feet, which will incapacitate him until I move, but I don't care. I spend a lot of time sleeping on his or Marcy's legs. Other hobbies include spanning distances 2 to 3 times my body length in order to see out the window. I assure you that I'm quite the athlete. What is the secret to my peak physical condition? I believe, like Daniel, that every day should start with a healthy breakfast. That is why I wake him every morning around 8 AM so that he can serve me my Purina Cat Chow Indoor Formula with Vitamin E and half a spoonful of Special Kitty chicken dinner. My preferred drink is toilet water. I've been fascinated by toilets since I was a kitten, and now I'm quite adept at slaking my thirst at the Porcelain Prince. While that might seem pretty macho, sometimes I forget that I don't have front claws. This occasionally causes problems when I'm trying to jump up on a chair. That is all.

Charmed I'm Sure,

Merle

PS I'm still on his feet.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At December 15, 2007 11:07 AM, Blogger CëRïSë said...

Awwwww... I think I need a kitty.

 
At December 17, 2007 2:13 PM, Blogger Scott said...

Merle seems lovely, I hope you keep the toilet clean for him.

I have two cats who've been skulking around my apartment the last few days. One is a large gray and white affair who likes to sleep in the leaves the wind has collected near my door. When I approach, he stares at me menacingly until he sees I'm not intimidated then runs off.

The other is the friendly black cat from down the street. The other day he spent about an hour rubbing himself against my bedroom window and meowing.

Oh the life of an outdoor cat in winter. I'm glad yours eats indoor kitty food to quell the animal urges.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home